CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

So Trivial

I started to post a comment on facebook about how excited I was to get the keys to our new home today, but I stopped. It seemed so senseless to be writing “Yay” when people who I truly care about are in pain right now. I hit the delete key and walked away thinking about a dear friend of mine that I saw holding a homeless and hungry sign by a freeway exit this morning. I struggled over the meager five dollars I had slipped into his hand before driving away in my comfortable, air conditioned car.

I also thought about our friend Allen who lost his son Monday to Leukemia. What a great kid Danny was!

I feel like an idiot for pouting over the $1,500 bill to fix my car last week, the flood in our new home, and the teacher who hates my guts. Although it all seemed like such a big deal at the time, it just seems so trivial right now.

1 comments:

lauren ♥ said...

kate, don't be so hard on yourself. you have had a lot of trials in your own life. you deserve to be so excited and happy about this new house! but i loved ready this. i know how easy it is to get wrapped up in your own pity party, when in all reality, you have sooo much to be thankful for. thanks for making me think about that today.