CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

One of My Dad's Favorite Fish

As I've mentioned before, my dad's favorite fish was the seahorse. He also loved pipefish, a close relative to the seahorse. I bought him one once when he had his big saltwater aquarium in Park City and we'd sit for hours watching as it floated through the water snatching up little shrimp and such.
You can certainly tell I'm my father's daughter when walking through my home, but I haven't quite gotten to the point of setting up a saltwater aquarium and I miss the seahorses and pipefish. Well, the other day I was in Fish 4 You and I saw a handful of freshwater pipefish. I had to bring home a couple in honor of my dad. These are the best pictures I've been able to get so far.
I also couldn't resist this little doll. Another nod to salt water.

3 comments:

CortneyLane said...

Hi my name is Cortney.I too shop at fish for you and bought freshwater pipefish just recently. They are the species enneacampus asorggi. They look identical to your little guy(or lady)but are brown with bellies that go blood red when they are excited. I think you may have been the one that I told amber to make sure you got more than one as they are very social.They are doing very well they hunt every second, sometimes entangling themselves in the plants holding very still just waiting.

CortneyLane said...

I think they believe themselves to be invisible when they do this its fun to watch.I was just searching for info on them when I came across your little article. I hope yours are happy as well. Take Care
Cortney~
crazybirdlady28@yahoo.com

ThatKateGirl said...

Yes, that was me. I ended up with 3. I never see them hunting, but they seem fat and healthy and food disappears. What are you feeding yours?