CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

New York was Fabulous! III

What a beautiful place to spend a day.

I just wish the roses had been in bloom but I took photos of many other flowers. You know what a flower enthusiast I am.

I was so taken with this little bird picking happily at an apple core. She wasn’t too keen on having her picture taken, but I managed to snap a quick shot.

After the park, we headed over to The Museum of Natural History.

My lord, a person could spend a whole week in this place! They actually make you sign up for a specific time in the special exhibits to keep traffic down. We unfortunately couldn’t see it all in the limited time before our flight home so we chose the butterfly vivarium, the horse exhibit(for mom of course) and the reptile exhibit(for me of course) and quickly walked through the dinosaur, Indian artifact, and northern animal halls. The butterflies were stunning, the horse information very interesting, and the reptiles fascinating. We actually saw a Green Mamba and a Gaboon Viper, two animals I had only ever witnessed on TV. Considering my experiences and collections, that’s saying a lot! Unfortunately, the camera battery died half way through the butterfly exhibit so the pictures are lacking in this area but I did get these.

When we got back to the hotel to grab our things and head to the airport I ran over to GCS to stop by an extraordinary little chocolate shop I had been eyeing all week. I was determined to bring home something decadent for Jason and Michelle. The shop was closed, but there was still someone inside. I rapped on the window and asked the girl if she knew of somewhere else to buy high-class chocolates, secretly plotting to get my foot in the door. After a moment of discussion she said she’d let me in. I chose a box of unusual fruit flavored chocolates for Michelle and hand picked a few for Jason.

I got carsick on the cab ride to the airport. Ugh! I don’t get carsick ever, the cabby just drove so erratically that my poor head was spinning. The plane ride home was a bit bumpy too, which didn’t help. To the credit of Jet Blue though, I must say their planes are very roomy and comfortable. The headrests all had TVs which boasted Direct TV. Such a savior on long flights! The service was impeccable as well.

So now, safe at home, I still have a bit of vertigo but at least school doesn’t start until June 4th. The chocolates by the way are astounding! Apparently, Neuhaus Chocolates has been around since 1857, and boasts the invention of filled chocolates and boxes to protect them. I could die happy after eating just one.

0 comments: