CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Rocky Balboa

So I was talked into watching Rocky Balboa. Ok fine, I hadn't seen any of the other Rocky's but Jason convinced me that it was not necessary for me to know the back story. We had heard that it was really great so I was somewhat excited to see it. I must admit Mr. Stalone is in prime shape! There was some inspiration inserted into the flick, but honestly I was quite disappointed. I think if one of two things had happened I may have been satisfied. You may want to stop reading now if you have not, and still plan to, see the film.

A. Rocky had won the fight at the end.

B. They hadn't talked about the guy Rocky fought being a wuss throughout the film, stating the only reason he was undefeated was that he had not had any real competition thrown at him.

I mean if they had built this guy up to be some great unstoppable force and Rocky had done well but still lost ok I could see it. But Rocky losing to the guy after what had transpired in the film...... totally lackluster and not inspirational in my opinion. What made it worse is that the fight ended with Mr. Cocky undefeated guy still acting cocky. Come on, give me a winner goes over and grabs hand of loser raising it to the sky and praising him for a good fight kind of ending. Anyway, blah, not impressed.

0 comments: